This position contributes to CMKL University success by delivering high-quality, reliable integration services for our technology solution. Integration services is based on the enterprise application programming interface (API) platform, a critical component that enables capabilities for the internal organization and external third parties. This position is responsible for the API proxy development, configuration, monitoring, analysis, maintenance, and technical support of the platform. This position is also responsible for onboarding, training, governing peer teams in building high-quality, reliable APIs for the enterprise.
- Communicate highly complex ideas and concepts to non-technical peers and customers
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Support development team and perform activities to resolve issues in a timely and accurate fashion
- Engineer build and release processes
- Ability to effectively manage and partner with technology vendors to deliver against business objectives
- Conduct research and makes recommendations on standards, products, and services
- Ensures API solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
- Implement all technologies in accordance with Information Security’s guiding principles for highly sensitive data
- Provide high-availability operational support and automate solutions across the environment
- Implement deep telemetry capabilities to provide ongoing success and performance metrics
- Implement service monitoring across all platforms to ensure continuous availability and operational continuity of critical systems
- Uphold company policies, and legal/regulatory requirements, such as PCI
- Implement and maintain system configurations and baselines to support secure application development software control best practices and standards
- Fulfill responsibilities for on-call support; collaboratively and effectively diagnosing, troubleshooting, and remediating incidents and problems to support the integration platform
- Identify systemic problems that need holistic solutions and feedback into platform roadmap exercises
Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary):
- 1-4 years of professional industry experience with software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Rust, Python, Go, Perl and/or Ruby.
- 2+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Demonstrated ability to debug and optimize code; and automate routine tasks.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Knowledge in application development and supporting a development environment
- Experience with one or more of the following platforms: Apigee Edge, Drupal based Developer Portals.
- Experience REST web services and micro service architecture.
- Experience managing SSL certificates.
- Experience with API gateway products.
- Experience with cross domain and cross cloud service integrations.
- Knowledge in CI/CD tools and processes; GitHub, Jenkins, Mavin, etc.