We are looking for a skilled Junior Developer who, along with our excellent research team, will be responsible for working on research and education projects that are currently being conducted by the university. Duties will include but are not limited to developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing our software programming initiatives. You will also be working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, software engineering, or another related field is required.
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods.
- Directing our software programming initiatives
- Overseeing the development of documentation.
- Working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
- Analyzing data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or the modification of existing systems.
- Managing the software development life-cycle.
- Monitoring system performance.
- Communicating key project data to team members and building cohesion among teams.
- Developing and executing project plans.
- Applying mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives.
- Applying best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
- Testing new software and fixing bugs.
- Shaping the future of our systems.
We are particularly looking for programmer and developers who are interested and proficient in one of these particular technology & development areas:
- UX / UI design (webflow / storybook / swiftUI)
- Web Frontend (React / Next / graphql)
- Mobile dev (ioS - Swift / Android - Kotlin + Flutter)
- Visualization (viz.gl / d3 / unity / unreal)
- Security (Auth0 + ory / owasp / AD / Kerberos / SAML / OAuth)
- Backend/API (graphql+apollo / python + go + kotlin / istio / micro-services)
- AI/ML/Data science/Analytics (tensorflow + pytorch / Python + Java / R + julia + matlab / rapids / Probability / Linear algebra)
- Database modeling+backend logic (prisma+knex+jooq / postgres / cockroachdb / mongo)
- Distributed systems / Storage (cassandra+scylla / spark / arrow / hadoop / ceph)
- Network/Systems platform (python / ansible / linux / ceph / docker / k8s / onie)
- Supercomputing/HPC platform (DeepOps / singularity / lustre)
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, IT, software engineering, or another related field.
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages.
- Experience using relevant tool suites.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle.
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- A comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Strong team building skills.
- The ability to travel as necessary.