We are looking for an enthusiastic M.Sc.researcher (one-year full-time leading to a master’s degree) to conduct research in the area of Holographic Visualization for Patient Education. We are building a mixed-reality health information platform for patient education that will deliver personalized genetic information and counselling to users.
The ideal candidate will join our project (in Bangkok, Thailand) to (1) conduct research on various aspects of mixed-reality technology and foundations ofinteractive, personalized, holographic health information systems, (2) perform analysis of the key principles and concepts under lying mixed-reality applications and holographic visualization in healthcare and education, (3) help along with user experience design and creating HoloLens & Oculus experiences, (4) perform evaluations of the developed system, (5) conduct experiments with the holographic platform, (6) carry out studies with geneticists, medical translators, hospital staff, and a number of patients, (7) collect data, analyze results, and present findings in academic conferences and openforums.
CMKL University was established in 2017 as acollaboration between Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) and King Mongkut'sInstitute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL). By applying Carnegie Mellon’s globally acclaimed research and education programs within a regional context, CMKL tackles challenges that will drive the future development of Thailand and the ASEAN community. In addition, CMKL offers single-degree programs in Artificial Intelligence & Computer Engineering as well as Technology &Creative Innovation.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Computer Science or Socials Sciences.
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Good communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- (Advantageous but not required) Previous experience working with Unity or building HoloLens experiences, or prior knowledge of Mixed Reality and Holo graphic Visualization.
- Group-based health insurance plan
- Paid time off (10 days annual leave)
- Super friendly supervisor (dr. H. Miri)
For employment queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical questions about the project work, please contact email@example.com