Computer Security Engineers helps monitor and create effective methodologies to safeguard organization’s sensitive data, computer systems as well as network devices from infiltration, cyber-attacks, and irregular system behavior. They play a key role in the process of completing a thorough risk assessment, identifying vulnerabilities within a network, and creating firewalls, or configuring systems to enhance existing security features. If a breach occurs, Computer Security Engineers will lead incident responseactivities to minimize the impact. Afterwards, they lead a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage. They prepare reports of their findings through documenting any security threats, resolve technical faults, and allocate resources to deliver real solutions in a cost-effective way. Thus, Computer Security Engineers must possess both deep and wide expertise in the security space.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Regularly perform security checks and troubleshooting.
- Develop, execute, and track the performance of security measures to protect information, network infrastructure,and computer systems.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
- Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
- Routinely conduct penetration testing.
- Conduct testing and scans to identify any vulnerabilities in the network and system.
- Implement new processes to optimize the company's security system.
- Stay up to date with latest security technology and trends.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Conduct proactive research to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies.
Qualifications and skills :
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills