The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) undergrad exchange program provides students at CMKL University and King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang an opportunity to join the ECE program at Carnegie Mellon University, which is ranked #4 in the best engineering schools in the U.S. by the U.S. News. Its Computer Engineering program is ranked #2 and its Electrical Engineering program is ranked #8 in the nation.
“We can offer a world-class education for our students. They will have the possibility to explore an intercultural experience across all nations and cultures by both studying in the United States and here, in Thailand.”
What You Get
- A chance to study from one to two semesters on the Pittsburgh campus at Carnegie Mellon University
- Take any of the ECE 200-level courses
- Access to the best-in-class facilities and laboratories
- Join a vast network of distinguished scholars, entrepreneurs and scientists
- Live in the campus housing
- Participate in on-campus activities, such as student clubs and talks by renowned speakers.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have completed at least two academic years of undergraduate studies at CMKL or KMITL in electrical or computer engineering or computer innovation engineering. (Note: applicants are eligible to apply as early as during the second half of their second academic undergraduate year or thereafter.)
- Must maintain full-time student status during the exchange program at Carnegie Mellon University. (min. 36 units/semester)
- Must join the Carnegie Mellon student medical insurance plan or secure necessary health insurance that meets Carnegie Mellon’s standards.
- Must follow the CMU standard rules and policies while attending CMU.
- Must submit a completed package of J-1 exchange student visa application to the Office of International Education at Carnegie Mellon at least three months before the first day of classes.
- Statement of Purpose (1,000 word limit; include your areas of interest)
- English language proficiency requirements for non-native English speakers.
o TOEFL iBT: Minimum 102 overall score and sub-scores of 25 and above (Carnegie Mellon's TOEFL Code is 2074)
o IELTS: IELTS: Minimum a 7.5 overall band score with sub-scores of 7.5 and above (When sending your official IELTS scores, please ensure that you choose "Carnegie Mellon University – Office of Undergraduate Admission" as the recipient for your score report.)
o DET: Minimum a 125 overall score with sub-scores of at least 125 in Literacy, 120 in Conversation, 135 in Comprehension and 105 in Production.
- Fall Semester: Late August to mid-December
- Spring Semester: Mid-January to mid-May
- The actual start and end dates of the fall and spring semesters are based on the Academic Calendar at Carnegie Mellon University.
Exchange Program Fee: 50,000฿* per semester
* Documentation and processing fees are subject to change due to currency fluctuation or unforeseen economic circumstances. The rates shown include application fee, visa and document processing fee, coordination fee for placement.
- Fall application deadline: March 1
- Spring application: September 1
- Email the required application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadlines
- Application decisions will be sent by email.