Manages the day-to-day operation of the Finance and Accounting department and assists the property Director of Finance and Accounting. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation.
- Assist and create/build the strong organization as well as internal operational procedure together with Finance and Accountant Director
- To support a Finance and Accountant Director in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance and Accounting Department or supporting operation department and to do a financial statement on time for the existing properties.
- Oversee all accounting functions including Management, AR, AP, GL, and Cash for the existing properties or any requirement.
- To monitor a part of credit management such as billing, collecting, etc.
- Assistant a Finance and Accountant Director to set up a bank opening, EDC, payment gateway, or legal document for a new managed property.
- Manage university’s financial accounting such as month-end closing, year-end closing, management reporting, financial analysis, forecasting, cash flow report, cash flow management, and tax compliance for the existing properties or any requirement.
- Prepare or follow up a month-end balance sheet reconciliation schedules for accounts payable, prepaid expenses, bank accounts, and accrued expenses for the existing properties or any requirement.
- Post-month-end journal entries, close monthly A/P accounts, and G/L transactions, and assist month-end closing for the existing properties or any requirement.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice.
- Flexibility in schedule depending on reporting deadlines and closing.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and Thai GAAP.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly /quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal or external audits and owner accounting firms in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed-upon recommendations related to areas of.
- Perform other duties that may be required by management from time to time. And must be ready and responsible when assigned to other positions as may be required by Finance and Accountant Director.
- Ensure that all government tax has been correct and accurate according to university operations concerned with Thai Government Tax law, including submission of the tax on time as per the Government schedule.
- Prepare project budget proposal & financial reports.
- Coordinate with auditor in preparing annual financial report.
- at least 5 years accounting and/or bookkeeping experience, including AR and AP, or education equivalent
- Working toward or currently holding an accounting or finance-related degree preferred
- Strong organizational, mathematical, and analytical skills with the ability to effectively resolve problems
- Professional demeanor, with ability to work in a team environment