We are hiring new faculty members for Carnegie Mellon - CMKL Thailand Program at CMKL University to help drive our transformative research and education programs. New faculty positions are primarily hired at the Assistant Professor level; however, appointments may be made at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor depending on the qualifications.
The candidate will hold a PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline, and is expected to establish a research program in the general area of "artificial intelligence and data science", including, but not limited to:
- Cognitive Architectures
- Machine Learning
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing
- Human-centered Design for AI applications
- Data Science & Data Engineering
We are interested in applicants who are committed and have a passion for a culturally diverse environment in research and/or teaching, and demonstrate a willingness to nurture a uniquely inclusive environment. By partnering with public & private partners, our researches are focused towards practical AI applications in logistics, retail, agriculture, finance and entertainment technology. We are collaborating with Carnegie Mellon University and leading universities in Thailand in providing top-tier collaborative research and engineering degree programs in Thailand.
Our core faculty carry a moderate teaching load that allows time for quality research and close involvement with students. We expect you to establish and grow a strong research program, contribute to our teaching mission, and show your passion for mentoring and advising students. We are seeking individuals who have demonstrated commitment to our core values: creativity, quality, innovation, and engineering solutions, all within a diverse and tight-knit community guided by respect and joy of doing.
- Provide a continuing high level of personal commitment to, and achievement in, a particular scholarly area and asa result, generating high level research outcomes.
- Leading research projects and secured supporting resources for research teams.
- Contribute to developing, mentoring and providing feedback to junior researchers.
- Make an effective contribution to teaching and learning in their discipline, modeling teamwork and flexibility to ensure the pedagogical and commercial success of the Faculty and University.
- Contribute to curriculum, resource, program and subject design, development, management and review as required to ensure that learning and teaching in the Faculty and across disciplines reflect best practice and a command of the field.
- Conduct lectures, tutorials, workshops, practical classes, demonstrations, field excursions, clinical sessions and other appropriate learning activities as required.
- Act as a subject coordinator and/or area or discipline coordinator including: managing the area/discipline including providing feedback and contributing to performance management; supervising tutors; carrying out related planning and coordination responsibilities; organizing the preparation and marking of assignments and all examinations; invigilating examinations; and submitting grades.
- Continuously improve their own teaching and learning, including developing a comprehensive teaching portfolio, and contributing to the continuous development and improvement of learning and teaching across the university.
- Ensure that the graduate attributes of the University are embedded in subjects or discipline areas for which they are responsible and that there is explicit relationship between learning and teaching to University objectives.
- Comply with all policies and procedures relating to teaching and learning, making every effort to contribute to the continuous improvement and effectiveness of the administration of teaching and learning.
Employee Benefits :