We are hiring new faculty members for Electrical and Computer Engineering program at Carnegie Mellon - CMKL Thailand Program to help driving our research and education programs. Our vision is to be an innovative driving force of the highest scholarly and entrepreneurial quality. Our mission is to inspire and educate engineers capable of pursuing fundamental engineering problems and important societal challenges. We strive to accomplish this with the highest commitment to quality, integrity, and respect for others.
We are interested in applicants who are committed and have passion for a culturally diverse environment in research and/or teaching, and demonstrate a willingness to nurture the uniquely inclusive environment. We are looking to hire in strategic areas with particular attention to applicants with expertise in:
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Human-centered Design & AI
- High-performance Computing & Cloud Computing
- Cybersecurity and Privacy
- Data Science & Big Data Analytics
- Learning Engineering
- Creative Technology
By partnering with public & private partners, our researches are focused towards applications in smart logistics, retail, agriculture, finance and entertainment technology. We are collaborating with Carnegie Mellon University in providing advanced facilities and top-tier research and engineering degree programs in Thailand.
Our faculty carry a moderate teaching load that allows time for quality research and close involvement with students. We expect you to establish and grow a strong research program, contribute to our teaching mission, and show your passion for mentoring and advising students.
We are seeking individuals who hold a PhD in a relevant discipline and have demonstrated commitment to our core values: creativity, quality, innovation, and engineering solutions, all within a diverse and tight-knit community guided by respect and joy of doing. Faculty positions are primarily at the Assistant Professor level; however, appointments may be made at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor depending on the qualifications.
- Make an effective contribution to teaching and learning in their discipline, modelling teamwork and flexibility to ensure the pedagogical and commercial success of the Faculty and University.
- Contribute to curriculum, resource, program and subject design, development, management and review as required to ensure that learning and teaching in the Faculty and across disciplines reflects best practice and a command of the field.
- Conduct lectures, tutorials, workshops, practical classes, demonstrations, field excursions, clinical sessions and other appropriate learning activities as required.
- Act as a subject coordinator and/or area or discipline coordinator including: managing the area/discipline including providing feedback and contributing to performance management; supervising tutors; carrying out related planning and coordination responsibilities; organizing the preparation and marking of assignments and all examinations; invigilating examinations; and submitting grades.
- Continuously improve their own teaching and learning, including developing a comprehensive teaching portfolio, and contributing to the continuous development and improvement of learning andteaching across the university.
- Ensure that the graduate attributes of the University are embedded in subjects or discipline areas for which they are responsible and that there is explicit relationship of learning and teaching to University objectives.
- Provide a continuing high level of personal commitment to, and achievement in, a particular scholarly area and asa result, generating high level research outcomes.
- Participate in research projects and research teams.
- Contribute to developing, mentoring and providing feedback to junior researchers.
- Comply with all policies and procedures relating to teaching and learning, making every effort to contribute to the continuous improvement and effectiveness of administration of teachingand learning.
- Ph.D. from a leading research university
- Interest in research & teaching in context of opportunities in Thailand and Southeast Asia
- Willingness to collaborate with public and private organizations in advancing technology and transforming organizations.