We are searching for a decisive and insightful IT/DevOps Engineer to join our staff. The DevOps Engineer will be involved in various stages of each development's project and service lifespan, and should remain abreast of technological advancements to promote efficiency.
To ensure Success as a DevOps Engineer, you should ensure that our critical IT services are always available to support our critical research & education mission.
IT/DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Management and administration of internal services to support operations.
- Collaborating with coworkers to conceptualize, develop, and release university services.
- Rolling out fixes and upgrades to software / services, as needed.
- Securing software to prevent security breaches and other vulnerabilities.
- Collecting and reviewing users' feedback to enhance user experience.
- Suggesting alterations to workflow in order to improve efficiency and success.
- Pitching ideas for projects based on gaps in the market and technological advancements.
DevOps Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or adjacent field.
- Experience using an array of SaaS, cloud & automation tools - our existing IT stacks include: Auth0, GCP / GSuite, Office 365, Azure AD, Canvas, Airtable and Slack
- Familiarity with software & system security methods.
- Demonstrated experience using a wide variety of coding languages.
- Curious, discerning envelope pusher.
- Top-notch decision-making and collaborative abilities.
- Customer-oriented with the ability to receive and use constructive criticism.