We are currently seeking new faculty members to join the Carnegie Mellon - CMKL Thailand Program at CMKL University. This role is integral to advancing our transformative research and educational initiatives. The available faculty positions are open to individuals at various levels, contingent upon their proficiency and experience in Game Engineering and Game Design. If you possess industry experience in the gaming field, it would be considered an advantageous asset.
- Expertise in Game Engineering and have a strong familiarity with Game Engines like Adobe CC, Maya, Unity and Unreal Engine and other commonly used software.
- Having working knowledge of 3D Modeling tools such as Blender and Maya would be beneficial.
- Dedicated to fostering a culturally diverse environment in both research and teaching.
- A strong commitment to cultivating an inclusive atmosphere is highly desirable
We are specifically interested in candidates with expertise in the following domains:
- Game Engineering & Prototyping
- AI for Gaming & Procedural Generation
- Gaming Economy & Tokenomics Design
- Work experience in level-design and gameplay-design fundamentals
- Work experience in developing the design of a released digital or analog game
- Delivering instruction on Game Engineering and other game-related subjects to students.
- Advising and leading game projects within the university context.
- Establishing connections with the game industry both domestically and internationally, acquiring fresh insights and knowledge to share with students and the university.
- Participates in professional game design and 3D Modeling/Animation-related organizations and conferences.
- Demonstrating unwavering dedication to a specific scholarly area, resulting in high-level research contributions.
- Leading research projects and securing necessary resources for research teams.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to junior researchers.
- Contributing to the enhancement of teaching and learning within the discipline, while modeling teamwork and flexibility to enhance the Faculty and University's success.
- Contributing to curriculum design, resource management, program development, and subject reviews to ensure adherence to best practices and mastery of the field.
- Conducting lectures, workshops, practical sessions, and other pertinent learning activities.
- Fulfilling the roles of a subject coordinator and/or area/discipline coordinator, which encompasses management, feedback provision, and performance oversight.
- Continuously improving personal teaching and learning methodologies, including the development of a comprehensive teaching portfolio.
- Ensuring alignment of subjects or disciplines with the University's graduate attributes and objectives.
- Adhering to teaching and learning policies and procedures, actively contributing to their enhancement and administration.