The Quality Assurance and Enhancement Officer is responsible for the operational management and support of academic standards and quality enhancement across the school, overseeing academic quality assurance functions such as course approval, monitoring, and review. The processes overseen by the Quality Assurance and Enhancement Officer ensure there is a regular cycle of feedback from students, staff, academics from other institutions, and industry experts, all of which is used to share new ideas and constantly improve, as well as making sure academic standards are maintained.
- To lead and manage designated staff and activities specifically relating to academic standards and quality and to provide guidance and direction to managers, to ensure that the University’s reputation is protected and that the University is compliant with quality assurance and regulatory frameworks.
- To administer quality assurance systems, provision of data and data returns, reports, performance indicators, and the annual quality cycle.
- Initiate and lead the development of the practices and procedures through informed assimilation of, and reflection on the emerging quality developments, both nationally and internationally.
- Ensure that the College’s quality standards conform with best practice nationally and internationally; that they at all times meet the requirements of the external agencies validating the programs.
- Manage the development and implementation of the College’s quality assurance and enhancement policies and procedures in association with the academic management team.
- Have previous direct experience of higher education in a teaching/ administrative/ program management capacity.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance in a further or higher education context.
- A highly effective communicator, verbally and in writing (Thai and English).
- Analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate and synthesize information in reports
- Ability to prioritize a busy workload and to work effectively, under pressure, without direct supervision.