A research coordinator is responsible for assisting the development of research data through applying knowledge to coordinate and administer research study. Duties include providing a support for project planning, and ensuring that pre-established work scope, study protocol, and regulatory requirements are followed. The roles of Research Coordinator also include coordinating research subjects as appropriate, writing and editing technical reports and manuscripts for publication or presentation, developing and monitoring project budgets, preparing progress reports or proposals, and serve as principle administrative liaison between the project team, research project partners, and funding agencies.
In some cases, research coordinators conduct field investigations and analyze existing research materials upon understanding the scope and limitations of the study. They enter their findings and useful resources on the research database for reference to the research team. A research coordinator must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, especially on gathering data and coordinating with other researchers for the progress and updates of the study.
- Assist with the daily activities of the Director and related members including project management and execution of strategic planning.
- Responsible for the preparation of documents, reports, and other management information as required.
- Plan, manage, and deliver our projects in accordance with a planned schedule and best practice project management.
- Plan, implement, and maintain data collection and analysis systems in support of research protocol; may coordinate the collection and analysis of research data.
- Recruit, instruct, and coordinate research subjects and/or volunteers, as appropriate to specific study objectives and work scope.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities; act as the primary administrative point of contact for internal research staff and as the principle operational liaison for other research organizations, funding agencies and regulating bodies.
- Plan and coordinate the staffing of research studies, to include the recruitment and administration of research support staff, as appropriate to the activity.
- Supervise and coordinate the provision of support services to investigators and researchers.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of budgets for research programs.
- Conduct literature reviews to support projects and proposals.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required.
- Have been technology background would be preferred
- Strong analytical skills with excellent writing (report, essay, proposal, etc.)
- Must have excellent organizational and prioritization skills to effectively manage the priorities of multiple team members.
- Excellent analytical and process/systems thinking skills; excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.