Unity developers perform many duties that are comparable to those of computer programmers. Their responsibilities also include the evaluation of programming code and the performance of the applications and software produced. Unity developers identify any problems with the products and work on correcting the code to optimize the product's performance. Also, ensure that the programs or applications they work on will function effectively with different operating systems.
Unity developers may also be responsible for teaching others to use Unity. They may also take an active role in planning projects and setting deadlines. The Unity platform is used to convert programs so that they function with different systems. Unity developers will ensure that programs are designed in a way that will make them operate effectively and consistently no matter what system is used to access them and that the conversion process goes smoothly.
- Identify areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently develop these modifications.
- Research, design, implement, and manage software programs.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Transform design ideas into functional programs.
- Meet with the design team to discuss ideas and specifications.
- Collaborate with others to design and build architectures for new systems and maintain/improve current ones.
- Test and evaluate new programs.
- Communicate with other team members to establish effective pipeline and integrate media assets.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Establish strategy and development pipelines.
- Plan and implement program functionality.
- Ensure products conform to high industry standards.
- Provide additional services to the University, external community, and the larger academic community as requested by University’s executives including, but not limited to, engagement in university-appointed committee or meetings, involvement in advising of students, community services and activities organized by the university, activities in professional societies and university-affiliated organizations.
Qualifications and skills :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field.
- Previous experience working as a Unity or Unity3D Developer.
- In-depthknowledge of Unity and Unity3D software.
- Goodcommunication skills and Team player
- Goodtroubleshooting skills.
- Experience with memory and space optimization.
- Excellent attention to detail, management skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Able to work on projects that might involve a lot of changes.
- Able and interested to work in highly iterative processes and R&D.
- Knowledge of Unity, C sharp (C#),Animation (Min Basic), Unity 3D/2D, Unity Engine, including experience with scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, and user session management
- Able to provide guidance and mentorship to the programming team.
- Used to communicate effectively with both technicaland non-technical parties.